[OT?] the "compass" course in LC's ABC

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 01:50:57 EDT 2016

Apologies should this come off as off-topic.

It's about LC's App-Building Course.

First, the OT but GREAT news. Using as-is the course's "directional compass
+ horizontal-level" stack, it was possible for even me to build, email and
install an Android apk to both a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7. {That success alone
is worth the price of the course. Well done LC!}

Next, the NOT SO GREAT (hopefully on-topic) news. The app functioned very
sluggish. Enough so that the north-indicator was never correct, and a "wait
or kill?" message window repeatedly appeared. Also, the swipe action to
switch between compass and level functions did not work at all.

Anyway, as someone very new to using LC for building Android apps, I am
posting here (the course has a message area, but the message I entered
there did not appear) to get feedback from those of you with experience
building and specially selling LC-built Android (iOS?) apps for non-private
use (i.e., for demanding customers)

First, is LC limited to building "simple" apps? Don't know exactly what
that would be.... text-only stuff? ... not stuff which uses device sensors
or processes complex mathematics?

Second, what could be slowing things down in this specific instance?

And third, why might the swipe action not be working?

I realize that without access to the stack itself, answering these might be
difficult if not impossible. Nevertheless, here I am, hoping someone might
be able to provide advice in the right direction, even if it's not exactly
true North.

Thank you.

(And, once again, a hearty よくできました to LC for the ABC.)

--
Nicolas Cueto