Get url "file:///..."

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 20 19:54:51 EDT 2016

I got this web page address from the county election's office:

   file:///Users/jimhurley/Library/Mail%20Downloads/elec_web/precincts/241.htm

It opens when I paste  it into the address field in Safari.

But

   get url "file:///Users/jimhurley/Library/Mail%20Downloads/elec_web/precincts/241.htm"

in Live Code leaves "it" empty.

I need to get the source code (programmatically) so that I may parse "it" for voter results.

Is there something I can do to the address that would make it acceptable to LiveCode's: get url

Jim