Raspberry Pi GPIO

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 10 13:14:50 EDT 2016

Michael Doub wrote:
 > Richard,
 >
 > You initial gut reaction is STILL correct.   Currently the only
 > solution available to livecoders is the file method.

What is "the file method"?  How do I treat GPIO connections as file
paths?  Somewhere in /proc?

Earlier you wrote:

    Look at the comments in the library it self for how to solve
    the Accessing the GPIO (of a raspberry pi) without "sudo" problem.

The stack script isn't very big, and perhaps I'm just pre-coffee but I
couldn't find anything there about sudo.

Where should I be looking?

 > It would be wonderful if someone could write a library that allowed
 > direct access to the actual GPIO driver.  I am hoping someone with
 > LiveCode builder skills will solve this problem.  If python can do
 > it, so can livecode.

I would imagine so, but in Python it's easy because someone wrote a
component for GPIO.  I haven't looked into this deeply so forgive my
ignorance, but how does GPIO present itself to an application?  A sort
of named pipe, or serial I/O, or....?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems