Another way of approaching LC8?

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:49:07 EDT 2016

Well, I'm just playing with it in my spare time: that's how I learnt
Hypercard, Toolbook, Director, and Runtime Revolution 1.1.1 (that's
Livecode to you).
I have never found books on how to program make any sense whatsoever to
me; and that is one of the reasons (apart from innate idleness) that I
haven't got round to writing a "Livecode for Kiddies" book.

I learnt MiniFortran, BASIC, FORTRAN IV and PASCAL by messing around at
blind terminals; and, from the bottom of my heart, I am so glad I don't
ever have to do that again because of environments such as Livecode.

After all, you can mess around with Livecode 8 "in the privacy of your
own room" [ and most of us aren't the types to video our bedroom
games and plaster the film all over the internet, are we now?] and what
happens is just between you, your computer and Livecode.

Richmond.