Feature Exchange any one?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Jun 2 22:01:03 EDT 2016

On 6/2/2016 9:24 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> You may want to consider splitting the DataGrid docs into a library API doc and a guide for explaining how to do things that wouldn’t be that easy to explain in an API doc like setup row templates etc. Also guides can include images which will help there. API descriptions can probably include…

No. While that all would be nice, my original point was the time to get
the whole thing in was prohibitive for me.

I just grabbed the API section and using the minimum required doc
properties of name,type,syntax,summary, and description, along with the
'associated' property (with the value 'datagrid') I was able to convert
about 20% of the API appendix to the doc format in time since my last post.

My object is to convert the API appendix (20 pages), not the other 210
pages of the Datagrid PDF.

If LiveCode would then add it to the Dictionary, at least all the API
syntax would then be there. A person unfamiliar with the datagrid object
most definitely would still need to find and download the datagrid PDF
to understand stuff, but if you are familiar and just need the specific
name or default value reminder of a property, it would then be available.

Done for tonight - its about 10PM here - but I will try to finish up the
rest of the conversion of the API appendix to the doc format by Monday.

Once I am done the basic conversion of teh API appendix to the
dictionary documentation format, if there are any other contributors who
would like to edit or expand any of the entries to make them more than
my minimal conversion, I'll happily pass the text file around.