LC 8 Random crash with QT set the filename of player on OS X

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jun 2 11:17:32 EDT 2016

I don't think I have a very good understanding of your "loop".

You seem to have some sort of recursion that will cause your call stack to grow and grow.  it looks as though 1 calls 2 which calls 1 which calls 2 which calls 1 which calls 2 which calls....

At some point anything you do should cause a stack overflow.  This normally would create an error without a crash, but it might be that some operations assume space and will crash.

If you don't intend the recursion, you might be able to break out the start-from-begining essentials of one command to be called by both commands.

I'm just guessing here; I don't have a good understanding of what you are doing.  Since this runs fine on W10, I have a feeling that my guess is goofy.

Dar