911 - We are having problems attaching an image on mobileComposeHtmlMail

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Thu Jul 14 12:25:07 EDT 2016

As I recall, the other thing that tripped me up a bit was the actual call to mobileComposeMail… making sure I had the correct number of commas for parameters to skip… here’s the code I used.

 set the defaultFolder to specialFolderPath("Documents")
   export snapshot from rect (the rect of button "playingSurfaceBUTTON" of card "gameCard") to file "SENDdemo.jpg" as JPEG
   answer "Include screen shot?" with "No" or "YES" titled "Screen Shot"

   if it is "YES" then
      put specialfolderpath("documents") & "/SENDdemo.jpg" into tTheAttachments[1]["file"]
      put "application/jpg" into tTheAttachments[1]["type"]
      put "SENDdemo.jpg" into tTheAttachments[1]["name"]
   else
      put empty into tTheAttachments
   end if

   switch the environment
      case "mobile"
      case "simulator"
         mobileComposeMail tTheSubject,tTheAddress,,,tTheMessage,tTheAttachments
         break
      case "MacOS"
      case "development"
         revMail tTheAddress,,tTheSubject,tTheMessage
         break
   end switch

be well,
randy