Sharing Stacks

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Jul 14 11:12:41 EDT 2016

On 7/14/2016 10:34 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Among the many venues our community uses for sharing stack files are
> Dropbox, Github, the forum DB, and web sites.
>
> But all the while we have a stack-sharing resource built into the IDE,
> RevOnline.
>
> Why is that not used?

I don't know why more sample stack are not submitted. I have download
stacks from RevOnline and found a number of them helpful. I personally
have never submitted anything to it

> If folks prefer other venues, should we lighten the team's load and
> ditch RevOnline?

I find having to maintain all sorts of bookmarks OR saved emails with
links to stacks I see talked about on the email lists or forums tedious.
These are stacks that I don't need immediately, but consider important
enough that I want to find them in the future. It really would be very
nice to have a SINGLE place to look for all of them in, so if anything,
I'd like to see revOnline improved as needed so that it is the most
convenient and effective way to share stacks.

Unrelated to revOnline but related to IDE resource, I really miss the
Pre-LC8 Dictionary feature to allow users to add notes to the
Dictionary. I both found a great many of the notes extremely helpful and
contributes a few notes myself. I was sad to see this missing in LC8+.
And Yes, I realize people can figure out github and contribute to the
Dictionary there, but not nearly as conveniently as prior to LC8.