Draft LiveCode Conference App for 2016, but we have a bug

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:44:27 EDT 2016

At Digital Pomegranate, our team members wanted to do a simple App for the
upcoming LiveCode conference and us it as a form of training. But we also
came up with a simple, but great business plan to create a profitable
business given the number of conferences that happen today, We found a few
existing solution, but none automated ALL the functionality needed: web,
admin, registration, speaker management and an App for Attendees.

This is the topic of my talk at the LiveCode Conference. The junior
programmers have come up with their first draft and you are free to check
out the code on git hub:
https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/LiveCodeConference2016  It is done in
LC8 and uses widgets, so you will need that version.

But....we have a potential bugs

1. it seems we were having trouble getting the mergJSON to work on Android.
is there something special we must to other then just add it to the
project? It is working on Windows.

2. Second bug is not so simple. We want people in the community to be able
to take their picture and create a simple profile. That profile will use
our new new WP REST API lib to save as WP Post. The problem is when we post
the binary image using POST HTTP, it fine on the desktop, but is giving
errors on Android. Is does the call and we see an entry in the media
section of WP, but no image. We tried base64, but that did not work.

Has anyone successful posted a binary image to an HTTP on an Android phone?
Are we missing something. You can find that part of code in *card
"addUser", *open the script of *button "done"*(on the top of the card) on *line
33 *we get the image binary, [the convert it in base64 line is commented
out] and after post it, by calling *mediaCreate *function of the WP REST API

To have the App on time for the conference, we are going to submit this
with the bug, or we man not get approval in time for Aug 1st.

Thanks,

Todd