Parsing a PDF file

Dan Brown danoldboy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:42:21 EDT 2016

> Doesn’t that just let you show PDFs? Would it help to parse the contents?

Using the "pdftotext" component of Xpdf you can use a shell command to
extract the text from a pdf and place it into for example a text file
which you can then parse

something like..
_______
put  "C:\pdftotext" & " -layout" & " " & pPDF & " " & pTEXTFILE into tcommand

PUT shell ( tcommand ) into meh

pPDF is the location and filename of the PDF file you want to process,
pTEXTFILE is the location and name of the text file you want to create