Uploading Livecode generated HTML5 to a web-server

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Feb 29 16:19:14 EST 2016

On 29/02/2016 20:27, RM wrote:
> Generating an HTML5 "standalone' from Livecode 8.0 DP 15 yields 5 files:
>
> YourStack.html
>
> standalone.zip
>
> standalone-community-8.0.0-dp-15.html.mem
>
> standalone-community-8.0.0-dp-15.js
>
> XXXXXX.livecode  [where 'XXXXXX' is a number] (this is actually a copy
> of YourStack.livecode)
>
> Do all of these have to be uploaded to one's website, and, as one of
> them is a java executable
> does one have to have some other fancy java 'stuff' uploaded as well?

Hmm -- did the HTML5 Deployment guide not explain it clearly?  Would be
interested to hear feedback so I can improve it.

The weirdly-numbered stack file is a bug in the standalone creator.
Please file a bug report and I'll fix it!

You just need to copy the other four files somewhere on your website,
then load the .html page in a web browser.  The HTML5 Deployment guide
explains how to customise the .html page if you don't want to (or can't)
put all four files in the same place.

                                      Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>