LiveCode for the Hobbyists

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Sat Feb 27 11:33:15 EST 2016

I’d like to chime in here:

I love LiveCode and the folks who use, develop, produce and maintain it. I want them all to flourish.

I am strictly a hobbyist developer, but did have an occasion where I donated work to the SETI Institute (a non-profit). This was a couple of years ago when I could afford the lower license cost.

I understand the need for and support free community as well as pay-for commercial licenses. I, of course, in my situation, opt for the free.

I am willing to pay as much as $200/Yr for some kind of “hobbyist" license.

I understand that I could just donate $ to LiveCode, but I don’t think a few donations from the likes of me is a viable long-term solution for the company.

BTW, I have a thing about renting/subscription fees . . . I hate them!

Bottom line: I cannot afford more than $200/Yr to maintain my hobby, and sure as heck will not afford the coming higher, ever increasing, commercial license, if and when I ever encounter a need for it. I think there is an opportunity for LiveCode to generate a new revenue stream by offering an affordable “hobbyist” license . . . what ever that might be.

But then, that’s just me.

Cheers,

Roger