LiveCode for the Hobbyists

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Feb 26 17:57:13 EST 2016

A good way to grow the community is to give something away for free.
That's what RunRev has done by open-sourcing. I'm not sure this was a
good strategic move as far as earning are concerned, but it was
definitely a good way to attract more users.

It is also necessary to be present in tech news media all the time. Have
a special offer every month, make big announcements about new features,
get attention from important sites like MacWorld and magazines like Time
and WSJ and obviously news papers. The company isn't doing this.

Another good way to get a user base is to be available in schools. This
is hard work, as network administrators, school boards, and politicians
are often against all change. RunRev put a little effort into this a
long time ago and I don't think they currently do anything in this regard.

Also, when I visit the homepage and surf around a little, I can't find
any information about HTML5 whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com