Players in HTML5 - ETA for Full Functionality?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 26 11:28:08 EST 2016

Robert Mann wrote:

 >>> a revamped audio implementation that simply allows to use COMPRESSED
 >>> audio within stacks, and not be obliged to develop external
 >>> solutions (which I did, but is then trick y to use for products
 >>> because of the more complex installation and external libraries to
 >>> be installed, that some users do not like at all).
 >
 > So, Although I did support as a hobbyist live code for a long time
 > and spent quite a few euros to support, I will personally NOT spend
 > one more euro until that is actually DONE.
 >
 > (i understand it is somewhat done "obliged" in the iOs context, has
 > it been added meanwhile into macOS?? That would be bad news for my
 > purse..!!)

OS X has gotten far more attention for media playback than any other
platform, now using Apple's latest AV APIs.

What do you want to do that's been difficult in v7 or v8?

 > And should you need more people to contribute financially, perhaps
 > you could review the new paradigm of yearly licensing and also give
 > a standard "old" ways of just holding to a version. i will just hold
 > on to my version 7.5 for my hobbits usage. And I would be as a
 > hobbyist willing to spend a few bucks every 3 years or so... but with
 > the yearly licensing scheme, it's just too expensive for just a
 > hobist and there is no security to be able to play on with new
 > acquired features.

Good news: unless you have a commercial interest that requires a
proprietary license, you can use the GPL-governed Community Edition.
The GPL does require that your stack source be available, but unless
you're running a commercial venture that's usually not prohibitive, and
many prefer to share their source so the software can be enhanced by others.

The benefits for your situation are two-fold:

1. LiveCode requires no payment for the Community Edition, so you can
enjoy the latest version at no cost.

2. If you want to make a financial contribution to the project you can
choose any amount on the Donation page:
<https://livecode.com/store/donate/>

--
  Richard Gaskin