beggars be choosers

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 25 11:30:56 EST 2016

Mick Collins wrote:

 > I’m wondering whether there will be a version 6._ or 7._ which will
 > come out before the first sanctified version of 8 and when the next
 > version (of 6, 7, and/or 8) is expected to come out.

I don't know, but if so I'd be very surprised if there was more than
just one more build of either v6.x or 7.x.

V8.0 is the future of the platform, and it benefits all of us to move
away from the expense of maintaining three different versions ASAP.

If you're able to help test v8 that'll help ensure it does everything
your project needs.  A Community Edition is available for v8.0, and in
addition to representing where the code base is going it also includes
hundreds of fixes and enhancements not backportable to older versions,
so whether you begin testing with it today or wait until it's released
it'll be a very good transition.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems