leap to future

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Feb 24 20:40:41 EST 2016

@ stephen:

"I don't think the OSS folks get HTML5. If they did, then I would have it in my 'Indy' license... ( I really don't like that term ) "

Right, that would be the obvious conclusion.... but....

You can look back in the list.. I had a "tough round" of discussion (me complaining; HQ explaining) saying how it made no sense to force Indy users to have to pay for the OSS version of HTML5 if they had no closed source requirements.. e.g I have no closed source requirements other than being forced by Apple.

We were told in no uncertain terms, "not gonna happen."

It's still baffling, as it would seem to be a no-brainer to turn on the HTML5 Standalone builder option in the Indy version and turn off the option to encrypt it if you had not paid for HTML5...

Again response was "not gonna happen."

So there comes a time when, if Daddy says, "That's the way it's going to be," you have to just be quiet.

There must be some underlying tech reason why it's not possible. Either or the internal tracking of paid/unpaid licenses for HTML5 option for Indy users could turn into a nightmare...

BR