Re Topic'd. Probable LC bug getting return from a Value function

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:30:25 EST 2016

Scott:
You’re right! Lessons mal-function, though. I copied the code right out of
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/11787-how-to-call-a-function-or-command-in-another-object <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/11787-how-to-call-a-function-or-command-in-another-object>

quote: "put value("myFunction", group "myGroup" of card "myCard") into tResult”
Should be:  "put value(“myFunction()", group "myGroup" of card "myCard") into tResult”

Then a bit later on, they actually put in the parentheses.

So, yep, you’re right on the first part, but not on the “forgot” part.  That’s not to say that the “forgot” situation is unusual in other circumstances. I had tried “send”, then “dispatch”. None worked. Finally, I decided to try to find documentation.

Best,
Bill