Web Browser in LC 8

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Feb 20 10:28:22 EST 2016

On February 20, 2016 at 2:40:56 AM, Trevor DeVore (lists at mangomultimedia.com<mailto:lists at mangomultimedia.com>) wrote:
You have to switch to the browse tool to see the contents of the browser.
Did you try that?

oh... duh... yes, that works :-)

@ james... thanks for the encouragement, it seems wise at this stage to push to move on to 8...this project will take a few months, so getting in now is a good thing. "Use the drop down menu... dictionary"

Silly thing was opening with the top of the dictionary underneath the menubar (I have a ticket in for the team to fix that...)

after running manually "set the loc of stack "revDictionary" to the screenloc... I found the two menus: API | Guide

Nice that the browser widget is independent and stays on the card and is not stack wide.

Does it automatically create the mobile version of itself when deployed on iOS or Android? Or do we need to fork and instantiate the mobile browser using the mobile methods?

I'm on my way with 8...