Trouble with LiveCode Server on Ubuntu

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 19 21:38:46 EST 2016

Ahh... I had already tried the latest 7.2.1 64 LiveCode

but I just discovered that the server/instance where it *does* work we have

Kernel and CPU

where as on Hinduism Today site we have the 4.1.5- version of linux

so let me see if I can get the OS upgraded without bringing down the server first.      Linux 4.4.0-x86_64-linode63 on x86_64

BR

On February 19, 2016 at 1:02:38 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami (brahma at hindu.org<mailto:brahma at hindu.org>) wrote:

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> My sys stats say:
> Operating system Ubuntu Linux 14.04.1
> Webmin version 1.780 Virtualmin version 4.16.gpl
> Time on system  Fri Feb 19 14:57:14<http://airmail.calendar/2016-02-19%2014:57:14%20HST> 2016<https://45.56.93.217:10000/time/> Kernel and CPU Linux 4.1.5-x86_64-linode61 on x86_64
>
> but I can certainly give the 32-bit version of LC server a go...

Maybe your setup is the other way around: could it be that you have a
32-bit LC engine there now without the required 32-bit multiarch packages?

If that's the case just dropping in the 64-bit LC should do it.

If not we'll have to dig deeper, perhaps running LC from the command
line with ldd, e.g.:

ldd ./livecode-community-server

--
Richard Gaskin