Signing Identity Issue When Building Standalone

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Feb 15 15:40:09 EST 2016

If any of you are having difficulty building iOS standalones today, you're
not alone. Apple's own Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate expired
yesterday (Feb 14) which will likely cause your developer certificates to
display with an "This certificate has an invalid user" error message, and
will prevent LiveCode from generating standalones with a "A valid signing
identity could not be found" error.  I was beyond irked trying to figure
why I could build standalones last week and not this week.

What solved the problem for me was to delete the Apple Worldwide Developer
Relations Certification Authority certificate from Keychain, and then
downloading and installing the certificate mentioned here:
https://developer.apple.com/support/certificates/expiration/

Hope this saves a few people some aggravation.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design