Script only stacks first appeared...when?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Feb 8 16:36:40 EST 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 2:26 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at FourthWorld.com> wrote:
>
> Devin Asay wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me the first version of LC where script-only stacks
> > appeared? Was it one of the v. 8 DPs?
>
> It was sometime in the v6.7 series, maybe 6.7.4?

That’s my recollection as well, but I believe it only appeared as an option in the File > New Stack menu in v. 8. Before that you had to create it by script with

create script only stack …

Or simply create a plain text document that begins with 'stack “foo” ‘.

That’s what I think I remember, at any rate.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University