Can't Get LC Server to fire

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 5 12:38:38 EST 2016

livecode-community-server *is* in the /cgi-bin

the echo.lc file iin the cgi-bin is a bit different than the one in the public_html directory.

it does not begin with “<?lc”

it begins with

!#/home/domain/cgi-bin/livecode-community-server

As such there is no .htaccess redirection of action by suffix/filetype (.lc) required.

This is all working on the other site… but I discovered even a bashscript.cgi will not fire.. so it’s nothing to do with LC at all. I’ll take this up with the team over at the VirtualMin/WebMin site…

BR

On February 4, 2016 at 5:06:38 PM, Charles Warwick (charles at techstrategies.com.au<mailto:charles at techstrategies.com.au>) wrote:

 inside the public_html folder you use the .htaccess method fo setting the actions

> AddHandler livecode-script .lc
> Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-community-server
The contents of the .htaccess file here tell the server to process ".lc"
files using the livecode-community-server executable in the /cgi-bin/
directory.

Do you have the livecode-community-server executable in the cgi-bin
directory?
> I just installed Livecode server on our Hinduism Today<http://airmail.calendar/2016-02-05%2012:00:00%20HST> cloud instance at linode which is running the same version of Ubuntu/apache as our Himalayan Academy site… also on a Linode cloud instance..
>
> But as you can see the engine is no being triggered here:
>
> http://www.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/echo.lc
That is because the .htaccess file you have above is in the public_html
directory, which doesn't get processed for files in the /cgi-bin/ directory.

Cheers,

Charles