Hanging from the washing line.

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Thu Dec 29 19:38:31 EST 2016

I tried with a field set to zapfino (the most vertically expansive font I have) 14, text height 6.

I’m seeing that in LC 8.1.2 on Mac, that with the field fixed line height off things look right, showing wide line height and no attenuation. With fixed line height on, LC pushes all the text off the top of the field except for the bottom line and part of the second line from the bottom--where I see the descenders of the upper line overlapping the ascenders of the bottom line. Setting the line height to fixed 30, again pushes the text up off the field except for the last 1 1/2 lines—they are just spaced wider.

LC does have a problem with displaying this kind of text with fixed line height on, but I’m not seeing the chopping off of text, but the pushing text up the top of the field. With fixed line height off, it looks OK.

Peter Bogdanoff