[BUG] Searching the Dictionary with $

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 22 15:45:42 CET 2016


The new dictionary is indeed different.  It is (mostly) implemented using
the Bootstrap framework, which also means that much of it is more
webby than the rest of us might like (try to expand the window and see what
happens).  Other than the tab control, the rest is one big browser widget,
so the behavior will be less LC and more webby.  I've been threatening to
rework it, but I've been busy with other projects, and now it looks like
I'm about to get busier, so it might be a while if I'm the one working on
it.  The good news is that most of the back end is implemented via a DB, so
the main problem will be with (some of) the rendering.  I am willing to bet
that a hybrid browser widget and various other LC objects will be the
fastest way to get it fixed.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Devin posted about $_POST_RAW so I decided to have a look at it in the
> LC 9.0.0 dp4 Dictionary where I discovered that $ must be a special
> character (I'm guessing REGEX end of line) as I needed to escape it
> with \$ to get the results I wanted.
>
> In LC 6.6.5 there is no need to escape the $ character
>
> I've entered it as BUG #19031
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



-- 
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."


More information about the use-livecode mailing list