Detect scroll activity (when LC is not frontmost)

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Wed Dec 21 22:17:43 EST 2016

I’m working on a productivity & RSI prevention app. So I want to notice activity while my project is not the frontmost application. Thanks to a very helpful list member, my LiveCode stack can detect key strokes (the keysdown is not empty) and mouse clicks (the mouse is down). I added mouse movement to that (the screenMouseLoc).

But how do I catch usage of the mouse scroll wheel? There is a lot of scrolling (and not much else) going on when viewing a website like Facebook or Twitter. So my app would consider that to be a ‘pause’.

With kind regards,
Terry Vogelaar