Browser Widget - JS - LC -Integration

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Dec 19 15:30:29 EST 2016

We are looking for tighter integration and interoperability between LC and HTML5/JS component running in the same stack.

See this stack

go stack url "http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/browserwidgetjstester.livecode"

What we think we know, assumptions:

1) we can trigger LC commands from javascript in the html browser widget

2) Javascripts that fire commands in the stack cannot get any data returned
    OR we don't have the correct methods to do that.

3) using --   do [some javascript] in widget "myBrowser

(e.g from docs) do "document.getElementById('myButton').hidden = 'hidden'" in widget "myBrowser"

will let you trigger some action in the browser widget

4) But no params/payload  can be passed back form LC

i.e. the issue of a browser widget getting data back from LC remains unsolved here.

Do you have a solution?

Svasti Astu, Be Well
Brahmanathaswami
www.himalayanacademy.com