Odd query results

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Dec 16 12:02:52 EST 2016

Thanks Mike. You are correct in your assessment. Many sites can belong to a customer, many devices to a site. But of course each primary key is unique. The user is required to find a customer, after which they are presented with a list of sites for that customer, and selecting one in a datagrid presents them with the devices at that site along with contacts, service records, notes etc. It kind of cascades.

The problem I was having is that when doing a query for an empty custom, it would find the one with a custid of 0, and yesterday when I set the custid to -1, it found that one too! I don't have to deal with NULL so much because I have a function called denullify which replaces all NULL values in an array with empty strings.

What I will have to do is conditionally check for empty values and set the dgdata of the customer data grid to empty instead of populating it. Or else I can simply not have a "warehouse inventory" customer record or site record and have an alternate means of finding decommissioned devices.

Thanks for your help.

Bob S