Start using remote stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 12 01:56:42 EST 2016

On 12/11/16 9:51 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 12/11/2016 12:55 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> I have a script-only stack on a server I want to use as a library. The
>> handler does this:
>>
>> get "https://www.domain.com/folder/stack.livecodescript"
>> start using stack it
>>
>> The text file comes in fine and the text content is in the "it"
>> variable. When the "start using" line executes, I get the error "can't
>> find stack".
>>
>> Shouldn't this work?  LC 8.2.1 rc 2.
>>

> Here "it" is the stack script, not the stack, so stack "it" doesn't exist.

Yes, sorry, you're right. That was the tail end of any number of things
I tried. I started out with:

start using stack url
"https://www.domain.com/folder/myScript.livecodescript"

And then tried a bunch of other things which all failed with "can't find
stack".

So I tried plain old "go stack url <url>" and got "error in statement".
It's an https URL on Dropbox, and a script-only stack besides. Maybe one
of those things matters.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com