Cannot get a compiled app to work

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Dec 6 08:04:16 EST 2016

Hi Greg,

Since your app does work on the simulator but crashes on startup on a
physical device, a rough guess of the cause is that your app tries to load
"something" on startup (an external maybe?), which can be found on the
simulator because the path to it is valid, but fails on device because the
path to "something" is not found.

I suggest you have a look at the device log in Xcode when you install and
launch the app in your iPad.

PS: The fact that your iPad runs iOS 9.x is not a problem, as long as in
the iOS standalone settings you have NOT chosen to build for "iOS 10.0 or
later".

Best,
Panos
--

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:38 PM, pink <nabble at mad.pink> wrote:

> So, I made some major revisions to an app that I've been working on, it
> works
> fine in a the iOS simulator, but when I put the app on my iPad all I get is
> the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes immediately. I've
> compiled and added through Xcode... I also tried making a beta version and
> adding ti through TestFlight, neither works.
>
> I tried rolling back to the last version of the stack that works on my
> iPad,
> but now when I compile that version, it does not work either.
>
> The important thing to note first, is that my iPad is running 9.3.5.
>
> 1. Is it possible that something is causing my app to be compiled in such a
> way that it is not compatible with iOS 9?
> 2. What version of Xcode do I need for Livecode 8.1.0? (That was the last
> version of Livecode that successfully compiled my app and worked on my
> iPad)
> 3. Anyone with an iOS 10 device iPad willing to help me out with a test?
> 4. Any other suggestions about things I can try?
>

> --

Panagiotis Merakos <panos.merakos at livecode.com>
LiveCode Software Developer

Everyone Can Create Apps <https://livecode.com>