live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Dec 2 14:05:22 EST 2016

So what *actually* happens when you save a file is, the old file is renamed by prepending a tilde (~) to the filename, then an attempt to save the file as the original is attempted. If all goes well, the backup copy is deleted. So in a sense you are not actually saving, you are saving as.

Someone correct me on this if I am wrong.

Bob S