live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:26:01 EST 2016

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com>
wrote:

> If you just want to prevent overwriting of older files,
> why don’t you just use a new name for the file.

This is about protecting me from accidental saves.

There are a dozen or so separate files.  I want a new "main" stack for
every editing day, but most of the others don't usually get changed.

So blocking the directory when a date change is detected neatly solves the
problem--but livecode apparently overrides this.

>Still if LC is not doing what it is supposed to, or doing something
>that it shouldn’t do, it should be fixed.

if something is locked in the OS livecode should not be unlocking it.

I suppose I can trap saveStackRequest, but I shouldn't have to for this.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462