OT: Switch it off and back on ...

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:08:22 EDT 2016

Because we're capable of building systems more complex than we can
understand. So there are always ghost states it can get into that we didn't
prepare for.

I was reading about "crash only" programming a while ago. It like using the
"turn it off and back on again"approach as a part of normal business. Since
all of your systems need to be able to recover from a crash anyway, why
bother programming a graceful shutdown? Just set them up so that they can
pick up where they left off and crash them if anything isn't running
perfectly.