Play MP3 - What format do you use for mobile?

Jerry Jensen jerry at jhjensen.com
Mon Aug 8 19:45:21 EDT 2016

> On Aug 8, 2016, at 4:24 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:
>

>> On 9 Aug 2016, at 7:23 AM, Jerry Jensen <jerry at jhjensen.com> wrote:
>>
>> And I’m happy that you did! I never knew of it. Someday I hope to use it, but not right now.
>> Also see bug 18161 which is a follow-up to 18160. Eesh.
>
> QuickTime is now deprecated. We are implementing cross platform audio recording as an example implementation of Infinite LiveCode. Until then there is no audio recording support on Windows at all or on Mac with dontUseQT true. QT is a very old API and is unsupported by Apple. It should be avoided unless you are specifically targeting 10.6 or 10.7 systems. If someone has urgent need for Mac audio recording then it is quite feasible that the open source mergMicrophone could be made to cross compile to Mac.

Thanks Monte. Ah, I see! The 8.1 dictionary says that too. I just hadn’t looked there, still using 8.0.1. I guess its a documentation bug in 8.0.1 that doesn’t describe what actually happens in 8.0.1. I suppose if I am going to whine about a bug I really should check it on the very latest DP.

It still shouldn’t crash on quit even if an ignoramus like me tries to use it.

Onward,
Jerry