SQLite and Android devices

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Apr 28 10:00:58 EDT 2016

The apk is just a zip file with an apk extension. Rename it .zip and you can
look inside. The database can't be opened in the apk(the engine folder). The
apk is read-only. Even if you don't write to it you must still copy it out
to the documents folder and open it there. I never tried to open a DB in the
engine folder on iOS and I'm surprised that it worked.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net