Playing sound files

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Apr 26 14:07:18 EDT 2016

On 4/26/16, 7:35 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of Peter Bogdanoff" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of bogdanoff at me.com> wrote:

>Both of these can be done now using the currentTime property--which you can get and set. (On iOS, OS X, and Windows with QT installed)

Perhaps we can consider to stop saying “..with QT installed” and carry this discussion forward without that option ..

Good news is that the dictionary says for both iOS and Android

mobileControGet (IDOrName, property) and
MobileControlSet

* "currentTime" - returns the current position of the playhead, measured in milliseconds (maps to the native currentPlaybackTime property). This is an integer value.

OK so far so good..

And the dict also does not stipulate a requirement for quicktime under

currentTime (Mac,Win,Linux)

Description
Use the currentTime property during playing to find out the progress of the movie or sound, or to skip ahead or back.

So I think we are good for my requirements… we will have to see how the currentTime “intersects” so to speak with a streaming file…

BR