List Field Not receiving Mouse messages unless a line is clicked?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Apr 26 13:34:33 EDT 2016

Well, Mouseleave works for my current use case.

And, testing… mouserelease is simple enough to script

on mouseRelease
set the hilitedlines of me to 0
end mouseRelease

That said. I’m not sure a new property is needed. IMHO I think the default behavior should be that if you click on white space in the field, lines are unhilited.

This is very intuitive for any user/use case, because hilites occur when the object you mouse on is under the mouse. So having the hilite go away when click on white space makes “natural sense”

Of course as Mike says, if the field container more lines than are visible, one has do something else altogether.

And if HQ doesn’t want to change it… I can live with mouseRelease and mouse leave ...