List Field Not receiving Mouse messages unless a line is clicked?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 26 13:14:34 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Perhaps the bug is not that the mousedown and mouseup are ignored,
 > but that if the user clicks on empty space in the field, the
 > hilitedline remains highlighted.

In version 6.0 and 8.0rc1 this works and would seem to do what you're
looking for:

-- field script:
on mouseDown
    if the clickV > (the formattedHeight of me + the top of me ) then
       set the hilitedLine of me to empty
    end if
end mouseDown

It might be nice to have a new field property for that, but easy enough
to script for in the meantime.

What should the property be called?  This:

    set the clicksOutsideTextClearHilites of fld 1 to true

...would be descriptive, but horrible (though if inclined one could make
a behavior script with getProp/setProp handlers using the script above
and have that today <g>).

Any other suggestions?

--
  Richard Gaskin