List Field Not receiving Mouse messages unless a line is clicked?

Paul_Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Mon Apr 25 19:40:27 EDT 2016

On Apr 25, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org>
wrote:

   "I was trying to find a way to force a list field to unhilite it’s line."

Not the perfect answer, but this may help:

on mousedown
  set the hilitedLine of me to empty
  set the hilitedLine of me to word 2 of the mouseLine
  put "MouseDown:" && the hilitedtext
end mousedown

on mouseup
  put cr & "MouseUp:" && the hilitedText after msg
end mouseup

on mouseRelease
  if not the hilitedLine of me then put cr & "mouseRelease:" && the
hilitedText after msg
end mouseRelease

Still no mouseUp when you “deselect” the line, but I did notice a
mouseRelease message being sent.

Mac OS X 10.11.4 - LC 8.0.0 (rc1)

Paul