US government tells Windows users to uninstall QuickTime

RM richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:57:37 EDT 2016

This is amazing: not what the US government is telling people to do,
but that people are so "sheepy" in doing so.

The simple fact is that all versions of Windows are 'compromised' in terms
of internet security unless one takes a considerable amount of trouble to
harden one's system.

If one does that then Quicktime shouldn't present a problem.

If one doesn't do that uninstalling Quicktime is probably neither
here nor there as something is going to "get" your system
anyway.

Richmond.