Anyone have any LiveCode hooks to WordPress? And, are you following these Word Camp events

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Thu Apr 14 09:07:12 EDT 2016


About a year ago I asked Simon Smith (sometimes active on this list, runs a
nice LiveCode resource at http://activethought.net/about/) to help me create
a 'code bridge' between a Wordpress website and LiveCode Server 

I also had WooCommerce installed on WordPress which I think in some ways
made Simon's job harder. Anyway he was great, I think in the end a deep
understanding of Wordpress and a WooCommerce plugin was most of what was
needed rather than lots of php code - but the complexity of setting it all
up was more than I wanted (or was able) to do. Simon please reply here
saying what you really did!

What now is in place is that whenever a user buys a product in
WooCommerce/Wordpress a message is sent to my LiveCode script (on the same
server), and from this script I populate/update a different database, send
notifying emails etc. 

If I can face it I might dive in again to set up further integrations...

So, if you want to get WordPress and LiveCode Server to talk to each other
and want some help, Simon is your man!

Dave




-----
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham 
--
View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Anyone-have-any-LiveCode-hooks-to-WordPress-And-are-you-following-these-Word-Camp-events-tp4703439p4703486.html
Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list