errorDialog broken?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Apr 14 07:41:24 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-13 22:46, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Ralph DiMola wrote:
>
>> It works in a library stack. In fact it also catches IDE errors.
>
> Thanks.  I found the culprit:  I hadn't yet turned off "Debug Mode"
> (still don't know why the default is to create yet one more difference
> between IDE and runtime, but oh well...)

Perhaps because the assumption is that most people when using a dev tool
will actually want interactive debugging by default ;)

That being said, there is a bughancement (I can't quite decide whether
it should be considered a bug or not - it is how the engine's debugger
has always worked after all) here to have throwing of errors work the
same way in the debugger as other dev tools. i.e. The debugger should
break when a throw occurs, but then not actually interrupt normal
processing when you continue to execute.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps