Load PDF in mobile browser

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 8 16:31:57 EDT 2016

On 4/8/2016 3:09 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> This isn't a LiveCode issue it is an Android issue as their browser
> doesn't have PDF support unlike every other platform. There is a
> third option now I believe because Intent support is now in the
> engine but I haven't had an opportunity to play with that so others
> might like to chime in on what to do there.

All my Android apps put up the App Chooser to determine which app to use
to open the PDF. Google Drive has a built-in PDF viewer which is pretty
good, but I'm not sure if it's a default app now or was installed when I
set up Drive. It's available from the Play Store as a separate download,
but unfortunately it isn't compatible with all versions of Android. I
remember needing a third-party PDF app in the past.

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.pdfviewer&hl=en>

It would be great to have an intent to show the App Chooser if you're so
inclined.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com