6.7.11 (RC1) Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 8 16:17:14 EDT 2016

On 4/8/2016 3:00 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
> There must be something wrong with the installer because overtime I
> try and run it i get:
>
> It runs the installer rather than the app and I get:
>
> “LiveCode Community 6.7.11 (rc 1)” is an application downloaded from
> the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?

That's normal. The download is a .dmg file which is a compressed disk
image. When you double-click it, it will decompress. It isn't an installer.

When the window appears, drag the LC icon to the Applications folder,
either the one inside the window or directly onto your hard drive. The
Mac will copy the file.

Double-click the newly-copied file on your hard drive. The Mac will warn
you this is a file you downloaded (the warning you mentioned above.)
That's a security measure to make sure a rogue app hasn't installed
itself without your knowledge. Click Okay and you're good to go.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com