Script Only Stack Architecture

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Apr 4 00:10:45 EDT 2016

Interesting caveat here.  Could be "Major"

You can edit the script as you say, and save

But if you go to the stack inspector for the script only stack and assign a behavior...ala class, super class
it will begin to work in this session...So you think "aha. how cool, cascading hierarchy..." So then you pay very careful attention save everthing, save the whole universe! Ha!

Reboot your stack... inspect the script only stack and the parent behavior script you assigned is gone.

I guess this make sense from one point of view, as Mark pointed out in his blog, these are just text files with zero additional properties.

So the Inspector "fakes you out" by implying that you can set a behavior for a script only stack, but in fact, that appears, for the moment, impossible (unless you were to set them run time)

So this is one of the causes of my thinking the stacks were not in the message path... in fact they were, but the assigned behaviors I given those script only stack was missing and *not* in the msg path, even though the uber parent was open and in memory.

So, Richard, your vision of class/super class etc. I'm not seeing how that can be done with script only stacks.

Or, are we missing something? I'll report this and perhaps HQ will respond on the ticket with ideas.