What's everyone working on this month? (September 2015 edition)

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Sep 28 15:24:35 EDT 2015

I’m working on  (in collaboration with Andre, Jacqueline and David)

1) an app called “Gurudeva.app” which is simple thing to honor the founder of our spiritual and religion organization. This is meant to be a “gift” for everyone on the annual event which remembers his passing. I finished the prototype in iOS and gave it to Jacque to finish and upgrade and create android versions.  We are up to alpha revision 3 and hope to release by Nov 1.

2) an LC desktop client “Capture Quotes  + web server  API  that will allow someone to unzip an epub… Read the HTML files, make selections and then POST to the web server for storage and retrieval from a MySQL database. The quotes may contain unicode Devangari, Tamil and IAST roman diacritical marked text, which later will be display on the web and in apps.

3) (Andre) On-going maintenance and upgrades of our HAPMAN (Himlayan Academy Publications Web Site Manager) which is a desktop client that talks to our web server MySQL database, allows users to update the records… upload ePubs and their book covers, upload audio files etc. which are stored on disk.

4) making plans for upgrades on some internal LC production apps that are used to drive web content… “Caption Writer” for our daily blog and “HPI Generator” which is used by our managing editor to create the posts for Hindu Press International blog/emailNewsletter/RSS feed…

5) Daily work on himalayanacademy.com which run LiveCodeServer and RevIgniter…

6) Sketching “on paper” functional specifications for  a really big app in our future.