Feature Exchange Process

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Sep 26 17:05:59 EDT 2015

Ok, so I tried it again, and made sure that I didn’t use any $ sign.
It worked!  I got a message that flashed on the screen that said
“Thank you for your Pledge!” that promptly disappeared.  If I had
taken the time to blink I never would have seen it.  I then checked
my email to be sure that I indeed hadn’t just imagined it, and it
said that I had successfully registered my pledge.

A good website accepts user text input.  It should
then validate the input.  Check for a $ sign, strip it out,
and then convert the text number into a numeric.  If the user
enters any other nonsense characters that won’t work, the
website should throw a decent user error message like:
“Please use numbers only, etc.”

Why should the “Thank you for your Pledge” disappear at all?

Ok, I’m a little happier that everything finally worked.  I shouldn’t
have had to go through the process twice, and neither should
anyone else who is trying to give you money.  I suggest you
folks fix this if it all possible.

Thank you for your prompt response to my inquiry!

Rick