Future crowdsourced features and priorities

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Thu Sep 24 12:52:41 EDT 2015

Yes, multimedia is Livecode's great weakness. Upgrading LC's multimedia to
modern times was among the stretch goals in the original Kickstarter
campaign and many of us are awaiting that. Since it was promised and paid
for as part of that campaign 2.5 years ago, I don't see how they can come
back to us for funding that particular feature.

Because modern, reliable multimedia support is more important to my business
than any of the "future features", I'm holding back further investment in
the LC platform until the multimedia stretch goal is delivered.

I believe LiveCode Ltd. could boost its licensing revenue and reputation by
creating outstanding multimedia support. As it is now, the lack of modern
multimedia support is a deal killer for some potential buyers.

I look forward to a day when I can be more enthusiastic about LiveCode and
support its "future features", but not until "past promises" are delivered.

My two cents.
Tom Bodine