Using AVFoundation Player fails in LC 6.7.6

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Sep 11 06:51:46 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a running software with QT videos. Up to now I am working with LC
6.5.2

I wanted to migrate to LC 6.7.6 where the QT-player is replaced by the
AV-Foundation player. Testing it on a Mac with OS X 10.9.5 Start player
"MyVideoPlayer": just nothing happens. The result is empty, no error, but no
video is played.

I have read the release notes about the new AVFoundation player, but have
nothing found if and what has to be changed in code for migration.

Btw. my code askes for the qtversion, which fails with LC 6.7.6 with the
result 0.0. What is the recommended way to handle qtversion? Should I
restrict this test only on window machines, because I always can rely on
older Macs without AVFoundation that they have QT installed?

Any experience or any idea, why playing mov videos fails with LC 6.7.6 on
10.9.5?

Thanks

Tiemo