This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Sep 8 23:38:10 EDT 2015

On 09/08/2015 05:37 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> If we can just get a review process in place for community enhancements
> to the IDE to be included in the main install, everyone wins.

And that's really the only unsolved part right now.
1. The script editor fix is now part of the LC8 develop branch.
2. Charles' script editor stack is now public and usable in LC6 and LC7.
3. Charles detailed the changes that need to be done in the existing
script editor stack in his bug report.
4. I incorporated Charles' stack into my build repository, pushed, and
submitted a pull request.

So there are now four ways to get this integrated into LC6 and LC7.

1. I guess it's too much work to backport the changes that were made to
the LC8 stack.
3. For some reason it must be too hard to incorporate the bug report
changes, because the filter was implemented a different way.
4. My pull request was passive-aggressively not accepted because
"there's no way to review the changes".

That leaves #2, as in it's an exercise left to the user to incorporate
locally, and has to be again with each new release.

This would be ridiculous if it weren't so ridiculous... an open source
project on its third major release that still can't accept user inputs?

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com