Editing Large Scripts is Faster

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Sep 8 18:03:20 EDT 2015

> On 9 Sep 2015, at 7:31 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> That the v7 IDE has few if any changes between minor release means that a merge per se may not be needed.  And since an object merge is the only complex step not already addressed through relatively simple tools, we have hope for a workflow that may allow the community to continue to advance the IDE shipping with the current product while the team focuses on the future.

I haven’t been following this conversation. Do you want your changes eventually merged into v8 or are they only for v7? If it’s just v7 why not start a community fork and take the pressure of the team?

On a slightly related note I should be able to support widgets in lcVCS for those on the bleeding edge of v8 now that the widget  <-> array is merged in.

Cheers

Monte