functions may be called as commands in IDE, but not in standalone

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:45:25 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:29 AM, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:

> When you say 'when executed in the IDE' in what context do you mean? A
> script? The message box?

I mean that when my stack and library stack run in the IDE, it doesn't
choke on that line, but calls the function from the line "somefunct a,b"

> If you declare a handler in the message path as a function, then you can
> only call it from script using function syntax.

That is the expected behavior, yes.  :)

> This is the same in the IDE or in a Standalone as the code in the engine
> which does it is the same.
>
> Therefore, if you are seeing this in the IDE then it is likely via
> something IDE specific you are using *or* you have lingering definitions in
> a library stack or similar somewhere which you are loading into the IDE

I'll create another test, then.  It may have run the code in an older
version, but I know the code executed in the IDE for the simple reason that
I have the resultant directory  . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462